2012 – 2019
Awards & Mentions
- Energy Manager of the Year
- PSS Sustainability Manager of the Year
- ISEP Gold Award in 2016
- PSS Best Energy Management award
- Real Time Electricity Monitoring
- Real Time Gas Monitoring
- Real Time Water Consumption
Carbon footprint reduced by by 66% during 2016/17
Established in 1848, London Metropolitan University is one of London’s oldest educational institutions, offering around 160 Degree courses to over 12,000 students.
London Metropolitan University
London Metropolitan is committed to continually reducing its environmental impact and to using resources in an environmentally sustainable and responsible way. The University is justifiably proud of its environmental achievements to date, which include reducing their carbon footprint by 66% during 2016/17 from a 2009 baseline figure and meeting their 2020 target four years early. As a result, London Metropolitan has won many prestigious awards including:
- 2017 The University’s Sustainability Manager, Rachel Ward was crowned the Energy Institute Energy Manager of the Year.
- In the Public Sector and Sustainability (PSS) Awards 2016, the winner for Sustainability Manager of the Year was London Met’s Rachel Ward.
- ISEP Awards 2016. London Met were winners of the Gold Award in 2016 in an award scheme recognising carbon reduction and wider environmental achievements in Islington’s business community.
- In the 2015 PSS Awards, London Metropolitan won the Most Sustainable Public Sector Project – Best Energy Management award.
Synetica have been working with the Sustainability Team at the University since 2012 and since then we have delivered wireless automatic meter reading to electricity, gas and water meters across the three main London campus locations at Holloway, Moorgate and Aldgate. All of the meter data is transmitted in near real time to the Synetica enVision IoT platform so that the data can be analysed by the sustainability team to identify areas of savings, verify the performance of energy reduction initiatives and to provide automated reporting on the Universities carbon targets.
”“Our comprehensive range of enLink wireless metering and enVision aM&T platform are used extensively across all education sectors from primary schools to Universities to help them to identify energy savings and produce automated bills and reports.”Richard LaxtonSynetica